Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha HECB25 Intermittent Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Liam Jackson

Hi there I was hoping to get some advice about my boiler,

Occasionally when the CH tries to come on or I run the hot water the boiler will start the fan and then the red 'A' light will be flashing and the yellow B light will stay out. The fan will run for about a minute then it remains off.

I can reset the boiler by turning the dial and usually after resetting once or twice it fires up. However sometimes it requires 10-15 minutes before it'll fire up. In the summer it's mostly fine but in the colder weather it gets much much worse. Happening daily and taking many more resets to fire up.
It usually only does this when it's starting from cold, if the heating or hot water have been on recently it's fine.

The manual says this is an overheat thermostat issue, but it's been replaced.

I'm thinking it's the flu thermostat, air pressure switch or perhaps sludge in the plate heat exchanger. I did ask the last plumber to replace the flu thermostat but I think he misunderstood and replaced the overheat thermostat again instead.

Anyone have a firmer idea on what this could be and what I could tell the landlords plumber? The last one wanted to drain the CH system which means me taking a day off work and sounds unlikely to fix it considering running the hot water causes the issue too.

Cheers, Liam.

We do. But unless you're a gsr we're not telling you.

Find someone suitably qualified and experienced.

Job 38.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha HECB25 Intermittent Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock