Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha HECB25 Intermittent Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Liam Jackson

Hi there I was hoping to get some advice about my boiler,

Occasionally when the CH tries to come on or I run the hot water the boiler will start the fan and then the red 'A' light will be flashing and the yellow B light will stay out. The fan will run for about a minute then it remains off.

I can reset the boiler by turning the dial and usually after resetting once or twice it fires up. However sometimes it requires 10-15 minutes before it'll fire up. In the summer it's mostly fine but in the colder weather it gets much much worse. Happening daily and taking many more resets to fire up.
It usually only does this when it's starting from cold, if the heating or hot water have been on recently it's fine.

The manual says this is an overheat thermostat issue, but it's been replaced.

I'm thinking it's the flu thermostat, air pressure switch or perhaps sludge in the plate heat exchanger. I did ask the last plumber to replace the flu thermostat but I think he misunderstood and replaced the overheat thermostat again instead.

Anyone have a firmer idea on what this could be and what I could tell the landlords plumber? The last one wanted to drain the CH system which means me taking a day off work and sounds unlikely to fix it considering running the hot water causes the issue too.

Cheers, Liam.

We do. But unless you're a gsr we're not telling you.

Find someone suitably qualified and experienced.

Job 38.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha HECB25 Intermittent Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an oil delivery booked for Friday but we ran out earlier today. We topped the tank with 150L from containers, bled the first boiler from the Allen key until the oil ran free and it fired up fine. Did the same on the second one but that had an E9 over temp error. We reset the thermostat...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring the boiler, the demand light works fine. When the water gets up to temperature every 10 seconds or so, the boiler stops for a fraction of a second...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock