Search the forum,

Discuss alpha flow smart...anyone fitted/used this type of system?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
just watched the dvd about the alpha flowsmart system and wondered what everybody thought about this type of system? looks quite good to me. looks like it has a better hot water flow than unvented cylinders...or am i being naive!

fireblade, on what basis do you state that fact, and what are your own personal experiences?

so i take it no one has fitted or likely to fit one of these systems then....enough said!

Fitted plenty of alpha solar smarts never had a problem. The boilers seemed fine.

Alpha FlowSmart is a serious piece of kit. it has the same heat recovery time and usage as a cylinder equivalent to a 210 ltr store and the efficiency figures that come back satisfy installations that will be governed by appendix "Q". We install hundreds of Alpha products and it is the boiler of choice for us. If this was an old Alpha Ocean i would be inclined to agree that it would leak but Alpha has undergone some huge changes in manufacturing. One distinct advantage is that Alpha boilers are officially the only boiler that can claim full WRAS approval. others claim that their boilers are WRAS approved but Alpha has gone on to support its claims with Huge parts and labour guarantees 5 years parts and labour and in the case of the CDXtra a 10 year guarantee. Did you know the only difference inside the case between a CDC and the CDXtra is the pump. All of Alphas renewables come with a sturdy 10 year guarantee. Personally after installing in excess of 200 boilers from alpha. Solar Smart and flowSmart systems they are one of the most reliable and cost effective boilers that are on the market today. have a look inside and you will find the boiler made from brass on the cold inlet side whilst others like ideal worcester and vaillant are using plastic that im affraid to say does leak after a few years.

hope this helps

We have one fitted. It is the worst decision that we have ever made in our home. It constantly brakesdown. The internals have been replaced many times. So far this year it has broken down 6 times. Worthless piece of junk. Buy anything else but Alpha. I have a combi in our other home that has never broken down in the 15 years it has been installed.

We have one fitted. It is the worst decision that we have ever made in our home. It constantly brakesdown. The internals have been replaced many times. So far this year it has broken down 6 times. Worthless piece of junk. Buy anything else but Alpha. I have a combi in our other home that has never broken down in the 15 years it has been installed.

? if its borken down that much why havent you changed then bloody thing prob cost over what a new type would be

Dunno. Don't care. Unregistered accounts responding to ancient threads just give me the hump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to alpha flow smart...anyone fitted/used this type of system?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock