Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha Easystat wireless controller issue? heating coming on randomly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emma1883

hiya, i have a combi boiler installed (system about 3 years old) with an easystat wireless controller. I have always had it set on an auto programme which i have set to come on and off throughout the day if the temp drops below certain temps at certain times. i've never changed this programme and haven't had any problems until the last month or so...

i've noticed the heating seems to be coming on, even when the controller is showing a room temperature well above what it is set to kick in at. Last night it came on in the middle of the night and i woke up sweating my backside off:whatchutalkingabout. House had heated up to 24 degrees (according to the controller) even though the setting clearly showed at that time it should only kick in if room temperature dropped below 10degrees. Same has happened during the day on numerous occasions, heating is coming on even though the house is mild and about 17 degrees and should only come on if it drops to 12.

i've tried new batteries, of different decent brands but seems to make no difference. As the controller says what it should (right minimum temp, and reasonable looking current room temp) can anyone suggest why the heating might be coming on when it shouldn't and if it will be a costly fix?

many thanks in advance!

It would take days for my house to fall to 12C,.
Your stat must be on the blink :)

thanks, is that an easy fix if that is what it is? sorry i'm not very bright when it comes to all this, is it in the controller or on the boiler? my controller definitely isn't showing low temperatures

oh and i forgot to mention, the heating has even come on when i've switched the controller off completely :confused5:

arg this is driving me nuts, i've turned the controller off completely and heating is still coming on. is there any way i can control it direct from the boiler? and any idea what the problem is? as i said the temperature on the controller doesn t look wrong or too low, so it shouldn't be kicking the heating in because it thinks the house is colder than it is. please help!! and i'm just a lowly accountant, no plumber, so if you could dumb stuff down for me that would be great lol

Replace it! I've replaced lots of these for this fault, get your GSR engineer to put in a different type!

ok, i assume you mean just the controller part? can you estimate how much it will be? thanks :)

Get your engineer to replace the whole easy stat( clock and receiver) with a complete different type, will be cheaper and less problematic in the long run!

Hi I am stuck with alpha combi boiler as its not switching on the heating and sometimes it's switching and getting off byte self with span on few seconds.can anyone advise me please.the thermostat remote appears not working too.

Welcome along. Register with us and re post.

Hi I am stuck with alpha combi boiler as its not switching on the heating and sometimes it's switching and getting off byte self with span on few seconds.can anyone advise me please.the thermostat remote appears not working too.

as said please register with us and start a new thread to get answers to your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha Easystat wireless controller issue? heating coming on randomly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock