Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha cd24r help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay bailey

Hi

i fitted a alpha last week, a heat only y plan system boiler. This was a replacement for a old heat only. And I can only get hot water if I have the heating on! I think it might be the 3 port valve but just need a second opinion. Can someone please help me as the customer is not happy. I haven't done anything to the wiring apart from the connections to the boiler and I have had them checked by a sparky.

I checked the system with the old boiler before I replaced it and it was operating fine.

Thanks in advance
jay bailey

I know Jay. Not getting at you mate but we have a policy on the forums not to discuss anything on open forum that could be used by the public to attempt diy repairs on their own boilers.

Build your post count up to 10, easily done, just join in a few other threads, go to the introduction forum and say hello, join in the off topic chats etc, them send a private message to Gas man - View Profile: gas man - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK or Redsaw - View Profile: REDSAW - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK with your gsr details.

You'll be asked a couple of dead easy security questions to check you're keeping yourself up to date then you'll get a nice shiny yellow badge and the key to the gsr private forum.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

Thanks mate :)

thats brilliant. Really appreciate your help.

Nice one.

Long shot but could it be a c plan programmer... Didyou replace it?

No didn't replace the programmer 1king55. It's a 2 channel programmer so I didn't think of changing it.

Ahh i was thingking w plan not c plan but even then you wouldent have that issue, ignore me :)

3 port will not cause this problem. Programmer or cylinder stat.
HW only does not move a 3 port. Switch live comes from stat nc.

Last edited:
Very easy to test.
Take your time and learn form the job.
Not sure if I can tell you how on here.

It could be a broken cable, so I would change until I knew for sure.

With programer calling for hot water you should see 240v on 'C' on the cylinder stat.
If the stat is calling (cylinder colder than set temp) you should have 240v on 'NC'.
'NC' should be wired in with orange from 3port, which we all know is the magic switch live.

Should Not have 240v to grey when there is a demand from Cyl stat AND programer.

If you do. You need to find which unit (stat or programer) is faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha cd24r help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock