Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha cb28x red led burner light failure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wills2296

Hi can someone give me some advice please,
I've got 5-6 year old alpha cb28x. I've sent the pcb away recently as the fan was failing to start and came back repaired and worked fine.
but now keep getting a solid red led, failed to light, I've got 230v from the gas valve terminals but the valve is intermittent. Does this sound like common problem, I'm thinking new gas valve but could it still be the pcb causing this
many thanks

unless your gas safe you cant take the cover off sorry

This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha cb28x red led burner light failure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

N
Hi All I know I know ... another HE24 LF code problem. Fix is replace boiler ;-) My problem is slightly different to other posts I've been reading in that the boiler works fine for 95% of the time. It will often go a few days then we get the LF code. We hit reset and it always always...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I have a very old Powermax 155 boiler which is 20 years old. A couple of years ago, I had a problem with the burner switch intermittently switching off and on and I was close to replacing the boiler but eventually someone came round and managed to fix the problem. I haven't had any...
Replies
Views
P
Hi I have a strange fault with my boiler and I can't figure out what is going on... I have a Potterton Suprima 80 HE approx 6 years old and I haven't had any major issue until now. Two days ago it stopped working, the indicator lights were all off. Previously when this boiler had the...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
M
Just after a bit of technical advice on the alpha cb25. one of my customers contacted with a boiler fault, the same fault is happening on both heating and hot water. when there is a demand on the heating side the boiler kicks in, fan and pump both seem to run fine, boiler then fires up for 1 or...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock