Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha Boiler DHW Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I have an Alpha Boiler - Intec 34C with gas saver and thermal store.

I’ve developed an intermittent problem with the DHW, on central heating the boiler ignited fine, however when the DHW is run (opening a tap) the boiler fires, cuts out, fires cuts out etc. Ending up with the E01 code. I’ve had a heating engineer round and had a full service and the electrodes cleaned. Gas pressures are all fine, nothing picked up on service as was running fine when the engineer arrived - typical. It happens daily, however works 50% of the time. Not sure whether it’s electrode replacement, PCB issue or something we’re missing? Anyone got any advice? I won’t be tackling the job myself, just don’t want to get ripped off if there’s a simple fix? Thanks in advance. Ohh yeah, 1 year out of warranty too! Installed in 2012.

I understand I have no chance here, I agree with your opinion entirely. However, the plumber has ordered a flame sensing electrode and the ignition electrode.

Why would this be the case if the boiler fires on CH and runs fine?

Surely if it was electrode(s) it would be a problem across the board not just DHW?

Indeed I did, I don’t particularly want parts chucked at it that aren’t going to do the job.

I was hoping someone would go oh yeah I had that problem before it was the flux capacitor or something ;)

An intermittent fault could be anything.
Might be the gas supply is at fault and nothing to do with the boiler

If your chaps not Sure what the fault is call Alpha Tec and they will talk him through a check list B4 fitting any parts.

Thanks all, I think he mentioned talking to technical on the last visit. Unless somebody posts with a certain answer - I shall post whatever was changed and if it corrected the problem when he comes next. Thank you all for taking the time to post, I do appreciate your help and views etc.

Hi all, my plumber said it could be the gas valve or the pcb and referred me to Alpha for a fixed price repair as it would be cheaper.

So alpha came today, said gas pressure was low at the boiler and said it’s a supply fault - SGN came out today, said the pressure was 21mB at the meter but said he’d replace the guvorner anyway. It didn’t fix the problem.

So I ring alpha and say it’s still not working, the alpha engineer said the gas pressure was 8mB at the boiler (I’m not sure about this though, I wouldn’t of thought 8mB would be enough to even run CH on full whack and my 6 burner hob at the same time?) But it does?

I’m lost, what would cause such a low reading? Gas supply from meter is 22mm with two elbows and approx 4m in length? No leaks checked under the boards myself.

What’s going on here? Is this common?! Is my copper gas supply to the boiler blocked or something?

Get your gas safe engy back and get him to check the pressures standing and working

8mB was ‘working pressure’ I’m guessing, as that was with the combi trying to fire on maxiumum I say trying to because it lights, goes out, lights etc.

When the gas network guy was there I did the same thing and run all 6 burners and he was happy with the pressure drop being under 1mB if I remember correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha Boiler DHW Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock