Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha 26c Boiler - E10, Low Pressure problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phixer

Hi Chaps,

I have an an issue with a Alpha 26c Combi Boiler which has shutdown providing the error - E10, Low pressure. The unit has been running fine for nearly three years so this is a first for me. When looking at the pressure gauge I see it's dropped out the green to 0.5bar.

From what I understand this could be due to a leak or just needs topping up. I have inspected all radiators which are fine, however, I do see what seems a small leak with piping from the mains supply, see pic attached.

At the moment I assuming it needs a top up as I have never done this. So on a cold Boiler I turned the filler tap and placed the pressure just above 1bar so we now have pressure. However, I cannot wipe the E-10 error message despite there being pressure now which is preventing the unit from coming back online.

Any advice would be most appreciated during these cold times for seems like a simple problem.

:santa_smiley::santa_smiley::santa_smiley:

There must be a re-set button to push or if not, top it up to 1.5 bar and see if the boiler starts.

You may have a faulty gauge or a faulty pressure switch.

Have you turned it off then back on again

Thanks for your replies chaps.

There is a reset button but it doesn't respond when pushed. I have turned off on the boiler and also from the the isolator switch. When turning off/on the latter the boiler tries to restart but is then cut off with the error again.

To shed some history on this unit, it came with a new build and has been serviced annually. However, on thing I have noticed in the past year is that the boiler makes a gushing noise when using hot water whereas before it just hummed.

Try Topping it up to about 1.5 bar, failing that, you're going to need a visit from your engineer.

Thanks Alpha Man, I did just that, it's currently sitting a little above, however, it is now leaking water from under the boiler.

Could this be a Boiler issue or is the pressure too high?

Thanks Alpha Man, I did just that, it's currently sitting a little above, however, it is now leaking water from under the boiler.

Could this be a Boiler issue or is the pressure too high?

Boiler issue time for a gas safe engy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha 26c Boiler - E10, Low Pressure problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating, the pressure rises over 2 and the error code 117 showing water pressure high After i did the bleeding and re-pressurize to 1.3 bar, the heating is...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator removed and refitted for decorating and now the pressure keeps dropping approx once a week. I guess a leak under the floor is possible, or trapped...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock