Search the forum,

Discuss airlock on combi boiler primary circuit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kay-jay

right ive got a problem after draining and filling a combi heating circuit to change a faulty rad valve.
ive never had an airlock before on combi systems, but anyway the problem is that after all rads bled, all work as normal apart from one on the ground floor which only gets luke warm.

could this be an airlock? and if so whats the best way to clear it? like i say ive never had an airlock on a combi sealed system before after bleeding! only on open f+e systems, which i generally cure by turning all rads off apart from the one with the problem and the pump clears it. will this work on a sealed system via the air vent? or do i need to do something else? would prefer not to drain down again if possible as i added an inhibitor to the same system.

thanks in advance

KJ

kay-jay, i've had this problem before as well, I just turned of the other rads on the same floor and it cured straight away.
Is it warmer at the top? could be build up of sludge?

thx guys, im there again in the afternoon tomorrow, so i will let you know how i get on.

kj

Anyone got any tips on fitting a low level shower tray on floorboards? do the floor boards have to come up and replace with 18mm+ plywood? or can you just overboard floorboards if they are solid enough?

"Officially" you should replace the boards with marine ply but if the boards are sound you could screw them down then bed tray in a sand cement screed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to airlock on combi boiler primary circuit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a Worcester greenstar danesmoor 18/25 oil boiler. Covers 10 radiators mostly large double panels, some towel rails and smaller rads too, as well as an...
Replies
Views
Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler up until now with regular servicing. When the heating is turned on the boiler ignites and looks to start up but then a few seconds in, knocking sounds...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock