Search the forum,

Discuss Aga loud bang then yellow water in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks I have a gravity feed Aga twice in the last week a very loud bang came out of it, not from the fire box (its oil fired) but from the hot water side i immediately ran the hot tap and the water was yellow for a time then went clear, i am thinking a valve is sticking somewhere anyone had this problem and know which valve it could be or if its anything else
Olly

So i assume its a gravity fed and feeding just hot water? No heating?
Where did the bangs originate from? In the burner chamber or the hot water cylinder?
For safety's sake I suggest turning the oil off at the OCV until someone can find and rectify the problem.

Thanks for your replies. i did turn it off strait away and had a good look today it only heats water and the bang came from the water chamber the fact that the water then went yellow i agree would suggest it was boiling or very close i cant find a blow off valve or outlet pipe or anything to stop it exploding should get to hot as far as i can see its a completely sealed system this makes no sense to me as far as i am concerned its a time bomb so for the moment its staying off any more advice would be appreciated

So this is a vaporising sleeve burner on a completely sealed system? No header tanks in the loft? This is installed wrong and dangerous as you say.
Are you sure its not a primatic cylinder?

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. i did turn it off strait away and had a good look today it only heats water and the bang came from the water chamber the fact that the water then went yellow i agree would suggest it was boiling or very close i cant find a blow off valve or outlet pipe or anything to stop it exploding should get to hot as far as i can see its a completely sealed system this makes no sense to me as far as i am concerned its a time bomb so for the moment its staying off any more advice would be appreciated
Get a professional in to take a look it sounds dangerous to to me . Kop

Reply to Aga loud bang then yellow water in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock