Search the forum,

Discuss Advise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dorset Plumber

Don't know if this is posted in wrong forum, if so forgive me.

About 5 years ago I was offered work by a company called ABLE *****.
The drainage van was parked up most of the time so i said yes, big big mistake.
After about 3 months of work and no invoices getting payed by this company i stop excepting work from them.
Our terms are 1 month - 2 months, we have to give this to our commercial customers.
They owed me a lot of money and refused to pay, got excuse after excuse. If i only had the drainage van working, this would of hurt the business. I took them to court and won and got my money. Just had a phone call off them, after all this time they are asking me to write to them stating that they have payed the bill.
I know why, should i do it? What would you do?

send it by snail mail, very old dead wizzend fossilised snail mail.

Wait a while, get next call and promise to send a letter as requested along with a ÂŁ50 administration charge invoice!!

First call - computer is away being repaired, I'll send it when it comes back.
Second call - printer goosed and away being repaired, I'll send it when it comes back.
Third call - what, you haven't received it, must have slid down the back of the van seat, I'll have a look and stick it in the post.
Fourth call - ran out od stamps, been too busy to get any, I have half a day free the week after next I'll get some then and get in the post.
Fifth call - to be honest, can't be rsed, do one.

I once received an email stating that payment could not be may as their server was down.
You could send them an email stating you computer is not working and that you have lost your phone

Play them at their own game if they owe you

banks charge for letters. do the same.

This is what the wife said. Charge them ÂŁ120 for admin.
I'm surprised no one else here has had dealings with this company. At the time i should of researched them more, it will never happen again.
It just shows you, what goes around comes around.
5 years ago this happened and only now they are contacting me.

perhaps they've had the accountants or more likely inland revenue in and need to account for every penny in and out.

I would write to them straight away mate and tell them quite categorically that you have received absolutely not one penny of what they owe you.

Had a company contact me recently insisting they could find me work as a subbie.

Then they asked to many questions, and I just got twitchy and ignored them. You've always got to think about what's in it for them?

I randomly had a text offering me loads of work when I parked the van in town the other day to pick up flowers for mothers day. The guy left his name, so i googled it when I got home. He's been director of a load of dodgy businesses and was an all round bad egg. (suprised he used his real name).

There are some real dodgy swines out there who aren't content with earning an honest living.

First call - computer is away being repaired, I'll send it when it comes back.
Second call - printer goosed and away being repaired, I'll send it when it comes back.
Third call - what, you haven't received it, must have slid down the back of the van seat, I'll have a look and stick it in the post.
Fourth call - ran out od stamps, been too busy to get any, I have half a day free the week after next I'll get some then and get in the post.
Fifth call - to be honest, can't be rsed, do one.

Haha ,
next reply = pretend your in an indian call center for the help aged postman charity or somethin

My stock reply is who? Oh him he's moved to Thailand and give me his phone!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
J
Replies
Views
I need some advice please. My Baxi boiler went recently faulty. A Baxi engineer came and fixed it in 10 minutes, he said that the ignition lead was connected incorrectly. He said that although the boiler was working, it was struggling until it failed. The boiler was serviced 2 months ago by a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock