Search the forum,

Discuss Advise please - Filling loop passing, replacemet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All

I have a filling loop in one of my properties that has been left connected.
It also looks like the tenant has been filling the system and rounded off one side (CW) off the isolation valve one way valve.

It looks like it is in the open Filling Loop Alexandra St.JPG position but is not turnable (unless i dremel a groove?)

Since i think is a on the mains in, could i just isolate the mains, isolate the CH fill side and fit a new check valve with isolator (if that is what it is called)?

The reason being is the system is contanstly filling very slowly even though bothe valves are closed?

It's hitting 3.2 bar and the PRV is passing.

How do i approach this guys?

Thanks

Filling Loop Alexandra St.JPG

Yes its a new one without a doubt , mains off , take the pressure out of the heating system through the heating side of the hose , when it goes to a dribble into a bucket , quick swap over with the new valve and then do the mains side , get it done asap , a boiler constantly over pressurising does not do it any good especially the prv , they arent designed to keep opening.

Yes its a new one without a doubt , mains off , take the pressure out of the heating system through the heating side of the hose , when it goes to a dribble into a bucket , quick swap over with the new valve and then do the mains side , get it done asap , a boiler constantly over pressurising does not do it any good especially the prv , they arent designed to keep opening.

So all i need is one 15mm isolation valve and one 15mm check valve with an isolator?
Goog thing is that i will have control when draining the CH as the valve is there and is 1m away from a sink.

You can buy a filling loop in one pack. Any plumber's merchant should stock a filling loop kit. Don't buy a "Robokit" as that will have extra parts you won't need, just a standard filling loop in a bag.
Why do most of the filling loops not have an isloator on the check valve? I thought it was regs that you had to have 2 points of isolation?

Looking at this - R24 Filling Loop

Also what is the removable 'plug/bolt' on the check valves?

Why do most of the filling loops not have an isloator on the check valve? I thought it was regs that you had to have 2 points of isolation?

Double check valve on the mains water supply side ...if you want the full regs I will send you
chapter an verse...I am an expert in pressurised domestic heating systems. centralheatking

Hi All

It also looks like the tenant has been filling the system and rounded off one side (CW) off the isolation valve one way valve.

It looks like it is in the openView attachment 41101 position but is not turnable (unless i dremel a groove?)

Since i think is a on the mains in, could i just isolate the mains, isolate the CH fill side and fit a new check valve with isolator (if that is what it is called)?

The reason being is the system is contanstly filling very slowly even though bothe valves are closed?

Thanks

View attachment 41101
Seen this so often in rentals...your system has a small leak and the ballofix has been
switched on and off to its ..death. They are not produced for this purpose. Find the leak
sort the damaged component or pm me for a solution ...centralheatking

The filling loop in your link is fine. The filling loops without an isolating valve are for systems where there is already an isolator present.

The plug is present on what are called "verifiable check valves". It's for proving the non-return is working. If you take the plug out and water keeps coming out of it then the non-return valve has failed, usually by jamming open or because debris/grit has got in the way of it closing.

Hi All

It looks like it is in the openView attachment 41101 position but is not turnable (unless i dremel a groove?)

Thanks

View attachment 41101
I would just replace the whole loop, maybe minus the iso on the cold supply((if it’s working).

Regards

Could be passing when you look closely at the nrv the slot appears to be in line suggesting its open and passing on the service valve.

Reply to Advise please - Filling loop passing, replacemet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock