Search the forum,

Discuss access panels fire rated or not? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Does anyone know of a good document that clears up for me when I need to use a fire rated access panel? Is it only if the ceiling it is in has a inhabitable area above it?

I am installing a shower pump in a loft which doesn't have access to it. So I am going to cut an access in to install the pump. Does it need to be fire rated?

its not that easy generally if your breaking a fire break it needs to be fire rated so will depend on the construction if its double board or extra thick you probably need fire rated

Does anyone know of a good document that clears up for me when I need to use a fire rated access panel? Is it only if the ceiling it is in has a inhabitable area above it?

I am installing a shower pump in a loft which doesn't have access to it. So I am going to cut an access in to install the pump. Does it need to be fire rated?

Where possible always use fire rated, not worth not getting fire rated for a little bit extra money piece of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to access panels fire rated or not? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall. There is a 3 way inspection/access chamber about 1.5 metres outside this point which I plan on going into. It has one inlet in use from the upstairs WC...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am concerned about the shower drain body in this picture being loose. I can move the metal ring visible in the picture left and right freely with my hand. My question is whether there is way to fix this from above without having to access the drainassembly from below the shower tray...
Replies
Views
After some advice please. Recently bought some shower panels to have installed. However the installers must have missed installing the waterproof trim I bought as didn't use it? How much of a problem is this? I was told by another installer that it should be used as external seals are no where...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock