Search the forum,

Discuss 700 Pounds for a new Heat Exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cabunag60

Quoted over £700 pounds for Heat Exchanger for a Worcester 25SI its over 11years old, i see it online for about 70 pounds but mabye i am looking at the wrong thing.

Seems a bit on the high side, they quote nearly £3000 for a new boiler fitted, more than British Gas quoted.

There are two heat exchangers. One for DHW and the main one that is part of the combustion chamber.
£700 pounds seems high for the first and low for the second. Some boiler insurance will not
cover replacement of main heat exchanger as they regard it as an uneconomic repair.
Identify which you are being quoted for

If it's 11 yrs old don't bother repairing, it's about at the end of it's life
Get a few quotes to replace it
Where are you ? plenty of good eggs on here that would quote for you and do a pukka job
Post in the "I'm looking for a plumber" section

Hes already getting it changed, its in the do you have to go under the floor to fit a boiler.

It's not a bad boiler(if water quality is good, I would be questioning this in your case), like already said get quotes from other companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 700 Pounds for a new Heat Exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a central heating system in a 7yr old ‘Persimmons’ new build, that has several problems related to reduced flow. A nice retired engineer on these forums, has helped me, through extensive testing, identify the heat exchanger as the culprit. The boiler is a Glowworm Ultracom 24hxi, 10...
Replies
Views
I am looking to replace my existing Vaillant heat-only boiler with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 630 system boiler (30kW). I have a megaflo hot-water cylinder, a central heating system (serving 21 radiators) and an orangery built last year (6m x 4m) with underfloor heating. Through running some...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock