Search the forum,

Discuss 3 port and two port valve in same system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john the driver

I have been asked to look at the wiring of a programer and room thermostat as when the hot water is called for by the timer the boiler turns off. On looking in the at the valves by the tank which is unvented, I found two of them there is a 3 port and then from the one side of this the pipe runs to the primary coil and this leg has a two way valve in. srley this isn't right is it. would I be correct in thinking that the 2 way vavle which is wired into the 3 way valve is some how stoping the system working and shoudn't be there.
hope some one can shed some light on this. many thanks :confused:

Don't mean to sound rude, but if you are not aware of the fact this 2-port valve MUST be fitted in this system as a point of safety then you should not touch it.
Unvented tanks are potential minefield (quite literally) and should only be fitted/serviced by a competent person.

I appriciate your advice, I am not planning on touching anything on the pipe work side but will be looking at the wiring as at the moment it is not working I have now seen that the mega flow and ariston cylinders have to have a 2 way valve fitted as well as the 3 way for safety reasons. it appears the plumber who put this in has wired it up wrong and I will have to rewire it, is there a wiring diagram available for this set up. it is honeywell valves and an ariston tank.

Many thanks

John

Get someone qualified to look at it.

I appriciate your advice, I am not planning on touching anything on the pipe work side but will be looking at the wiring as at the moment it is not working I have now seen that the mega flow and ariston cylinders have to have a 2 way valve fitted as well as the 3 way for safety reasons. it appears the plumber who put this in has wired it up wrong and I will have to rewire it, is there a wiring diagram available for this set up. it is honeywell valves and an ariston tank.

Many thanks

John
All we can do here is advise you John. This is not something to mess around with unless you are qualified/experienced to do so.

People think this is just another water tank, but it is a pressurised system. There are various safety devices built into the system, some electrical, some mechanical. If one of these is not operating correctly it is one less safety device in place.

If all these were to fail (extremely unlikely if fitted properly and serviced) you have a potential bomb. People overlook these but they should be serviced/checked annually to confirm all safety devices are operating.

There are a few horror stories of these being fitted incorrectly or neglected, but I have not heard of any properly installed/serviced units causing much grief.

Hi John... not sure if you have found a wiring diagram as yet... go to [DLMURL]http://www.albionwaterheaters.com/pdfs/technical/ultrasteel.pd[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
as said the two way has to stay which means you realy only need another two way valve to control the system

you have to be Qualified to work on that so you should not be working on it unless you are some type of idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 port and two port valve in same system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My 3 way actuator valve has gone on my central heating. I think it's a combination of the valve motor burning out due to a stiff valve on the pipework. I'm considering doing the fix myself but wanted to check I know what I'm doing beforehand or whether I should get a plumber in, have I missed...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber (no call to heat) I have been told that this is likely due to the 3 way valve or motor on it (Myson Power Extra). I am wondering whether to try and...
Replies
Views
Hi experts, i'm looking for some advice to get to the bottom of my boiler problem. The boiler is a Glowworm Ultimate 40FF so a traditional NOT combi boiler. The problem is i cant get hot water. Call for heating alone and boiler comes on and heats up the rads. Call for hot water alone and...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock