Search the forum,

Discuss 3 bed bungalow, Glow worm 125 electronic combi , heating excellent, taps temp rubbish, in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, I recently moved into this bungalow and am not at all happy with the boiler, which is situated in the garage. Every morning I have to run off 3/4 of a bucket of water before any hot water arrives and even then it's not very warm I have to boil a kettle to wash the dishes. Kitchen and bathroom are at opposite end to the garage. Any advice welcomed please.

1. If the hot water is plumbed in 22mm pipe, re-pipe in 15mm.
2. Insulate the pipes with good quality, thick, insulation.
3. Investigate why water is not hot enough. Could be heat loss through long runs of pipe, could be boiler temperature not turned up high enough, could be boiler fault.
4. If problem persists, consider using combi to heat vented or unvented hot water cylinder.

1. If the hot water is plumbed in 22mm pipe, re-pipe in 15mm.
2. Insulate the pipes with good quality, thick, insulation.
3. Investigate why water is not hot enough. Could be heat loss through long runs of pipe, could be boiler temperature not turned up high enough, could be boiler fault.
4. If problem persists, consider using combi to heat vented or unvented hot water cylinder.
Many thanks for your speedy reply, very helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 bed bungalow, Glow worm 125 electronic combi , heating excellent, taps temp rubbish, in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I wonder if someone can help. We have noticed 2 issues in our house over the last couple of weeks . We have a Glow Worm Ultracom 24cxi combi boiler and have never had problems with it previously 1) central heating always/near constantly on. We have 2 small radiators and a towel rail...
Replies
Views
Hello folks. I have a 12-year-old Glow Worm 30cxi combi powering hot water and central heating. The analogue timer clock packed up recently and would not fire up the central heating either. Assuming it to be a fault with the clock, I got a second hand replacement and fitted it. Clock keeps...
Replies
Views
Hi. I hope someone can help. I have a glo worm combi boiler - previously had the heat plate cleaned and a magnetic sludge filter installed due to problem with no hot water. For the last few weeks the boiler has been coming on when room stat is set to frost and temp is not below 5 degrees...
Replies
Views
Evening all First off a big hello from a sparky to all you fellow Plumbers/Gas Engineers out there. I'm not here to say who's better than who and I really do hope you will all show me mercy as I will admit even I have limitations, hence why I am here to ask for help. Basically, I have...
Replies
Views
Evening All, Hoping some plumbing/heating engineers/other knowledgable folk on here might be able to assist with some questions about my new boiler. We had the new Viessmann 200-W 35kw Combi installed this week by a Viessmann registered local heating engineer. It's the new 2019 version with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock