Search the forum,
Questions and plumbing advice in the USA - Plumbing Advice primarily for the United States, by Plumbers Forums..

Some popular plumbing forums: Plumbing Advice - Plumbing Tools - Plumbing Courses & NVQ's

Morning everybody. Hope you are all well. What have you got on today / the rest of this week? How are we all feeling? I think we need help each other out a bit when we're in times like these. Hope you're doing okay. When are you up for your jab? - Do you know yet? How's work, is it still...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! Firstly, we are so glad to have you all as members here on PlumbersForums.net. We are becoming an international community more and more every day with each new member that joins us. I thought I would put together a list of forum links for you guys. American Tile Advice Forum...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
How do I get access to the flow cartridge in the Hansgrohe Bar Shower. It has the control with the 50% mark on the flow side. See attached photo - the end piece pops off but hard to see whether the small button should also come off to slide off the cover and reveal the cartridge
Replies
Views
Can anyone help tell me what make these tap heads are please - look like Ideal Standard or Armitage but not found exact model
Replies
Views
Dear all I’m a home owner looking for advice. I recently had a power flush which was unsuccessful at clearing a blocked pipe. I do appreciate these things are not guaranteed. My question is does time taken reflect on outcome? The reason I need to understand this is the company employed...
Replies
Views
Our upstairs towel radiator keeps filling with air at the top. We had a new system boiler, new tank and new pipework fitted in October. The new tank is in the garage which is underneath the house and the new boiler is in the kitchen at ground floor level. We also had underfloor heating installed...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can you use a vented hot water cylinder on an unvented system? Many Thanks, Carl
Replies
Views
This thermoastat is much higher than the dial says. Correct.me if I'm wring but that doesn't seem right... It's been like that for days so it's not like I've just turned it down...
Replies
Views
T
I have recently moved house and would like to move a radiator from a side wall, to one below the window as is more pleasing to the eye. I understand why it was not placed under the window, as my house is old and has concrete flooring so would be difficult when it comes to the pipework...
Replies
Views
I need to connect 68mm plastic pipe to 68mm cast iron pipe and the water will be running plastic to cast iron. The couplers I've come across seem to be suitable if the water was running from the cast iron pipe first to the plastic pipe. Coud someone please send me a link for a suitable coupler...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have had a Saniflo PRO XR for three years. Still under warranty and I put cleaner/descaler every three months. It is used once or twice a day. The first year there were no problems. Then it suddenly started to go off intermittently during the night. I took out the Elbow where the non...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have CH with a system boiler with a header tank and 8mm micro bore pipes to the radiators, fairly standard setup I guess. House is 1990s. My issue is that two of my radiators are cold, while the rest are perfectly fine. Both the problem radiators are downstairs and close...
Replies
Views
Hi, a plumber came today to fit a faulty component in my boiler as we have no hot water. In trying to remove the faulty component which was seized up, he damaged two other components which now also need replacing. He went away and will telephone me with quotes for the other two parts that I now...
Replies
Views
According to the news, facebook whatsapp and instagram are all down and have been for around an hour. What will you do with your new found time? :D :D
Replies
Views
Happy Christmas everyone, We’ve just had a new Gledhill Stainless Lite indirect unvented cylinder installed by Dyno. It is making an alarmingly loud popping noises when the hot water is being used, not always but very very often. Mentally to me, it seems like the inner casing of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a had a gravity boiler replaced from a Potterton 80e to a more recent Valliant ecoplus boiler. The cold water tank is in the loft space directly above the 1st floor bathroom and the hot water copper immersion tank is in the 1st floor bathroom cupboard space. A fairly normal...
Replies
Views
I would like heating engineers opinion on hounsfield oil boilers. Are they any good?
Replies
Views
Hi , don’t know if this is allowed on here.... I’ve moved to Thailand and have a mybuilder account with over 200 positive ratings. 100%positive , looking for someone to take over / buy the account If possible ? Generates a lot of work if you put in the effort , excess of £25k easy a year ...
Replies
Views
Hello, Hope you guys can help, I have a conk/clunk noise coming out the cylinder, when I draw hot water from any tap in the house - I’ve checked the pipes and I’m very sure its not water hammer, I will attached couple of recordings to the this post and what my setup looks like. The cylinder is...
Replies
Views
Boiler and cooker will fire up initially however when temperature hit neither will reignite, they go to lockout You can hear them switch and the solenoids switch but the fan pre purge does not engage, if I continually turn the boiler temperature switch on and off eventually the fan kicks in and...
Replies
Views
Hi all Having a bit of a mare; some of you may recall but after having my last shower installation botched (but thankfully getting my money back after threatening to make a court claim), I've had another botch job with fitter #2! (found him on trustatrader with decent reviews but I guess...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock